Visiting Researcher Instructions
Duke Unique ID Request
- Full Name (First, Middle, and Last)
- Preferred Email Address
- Home Institution
- Scope of Work
- Anticipated dates of work
Export Control: Use of Visitor-Owned Research Materials at TUNL
Visitors using the research areas at TUNL/LENA/FEL are responsible for the shipping and removal of equipment or materials sent and or brought to the facilities. This includes items owned personally or by the visitor’s home institution. Such items are not to be left behind upon the visitor’s departure as Duke/TUNL/FEL will not take responsibility for returning them to you.
For any items that require shipment to our facilities, prior approval from TUNL Management and the Duke Office of Export Controls is required: https://export.duke.edu/
Further inquiries may be directed to:
Shaun D. Diehl, M.Ed.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Training and Certification For All Researchers in the Laboratory
- Radiation Safety Training for TUNL/FEL - Annually
- Personnel Monitoring Badge Wearer Training – Annually
- Fire/Life Safety – Annually
- General Laboratory Safety Training – Annually
- Lockout / Tagout for Affected Employees – Initial One Time Training
- Hazard Communication for Laboratory Personnel – Annually
- For Duke University Research Laboratories, you may also have to complete several other safety-training modules, depending on the scope of your work. The Lab Safety Officer will identify these if needed. They are available online at: www.safety.duke.edu/
- Laser Safety – if applicable must update every 3 years
All visiting researchers should submit their Covid Vaccine Information via the VaxTrax link below. You will need your Duke NetID and Password to login.
Once submitted, it takes a couple of days for Duke Health to review and approve your vaccine submission. You will need monitor this as it will be the quickest way to get cleared for access to campus. You should check your vaccine status at the link below and send Shaun Diehl a screen shot showing that you have been cleared.
You can check the status of your vaccine via this link: